Ten Teachings That Have Helped Shape My Life
5 MILLION NEW CHURCHES – 1 BILLION SOULS
Conquering Christ of Christmas
Dear Visionary Leader,
Jesus came down the starry spangled skies of glory. He was born in Bethlehem, hidden in Egypt, raised in Nazareth, baptized in the Jordan, and tempted in the wilderness. Christ performed miracles on the roadside, healed multitudes without medicine, and charged nothing for his services. He conquered everything that came up against Him. Then, Jesus Christ took our sins up to Calvary and died for the world. He was buried in Joseph’s new tomb and on schedule rose out of the grave with the power of His omnipotence.
Someone has said, “Christ dug deep the gorges, piled up the hills, and probed up themountains with His will. The moon and the stars leaped on His arm. He did not have to write His signature on the corner of a sunrise because He is the creator. He did not have to place a laundry mark in the lapel of a meadow because He is the owner. He did not have to carve His initials in the side of the mountain because He is the titleholder. Christ did not have to put a brand on the cattle of a thousand hills because He is the proprietor. He did no have to take out a copyright on the songs the birds sang because Christ is the author.”
Jesus Christ stands for free healing and full salvation. Today social scientists are able to put a new suit on man, but only Christ can put a new man in a suit. Jesus precedes all others in their priority, exceeds all others in their superiority, and succeeds all others in their finality. Indeed, Jesus is the conquering Christ of Christmas!
The North American Roundtable On Biblical Preaching is sold out! On January 22-24, 2013, pastors and leaders will be coming from Europe, Africa, Caribbean, and the United States to attend the 4th annual gathering focused solely on preaching God’s Word. At the present, a waiting list has been formed for any cancelations. If you wish to have your name on the list, then write Nichole Stevens (Nichole@billion.tv).
IT’S A MIRACULOUS LIFE!
It’s A Miraculous Life! Is a FREE resource on Dr. James O. Davis’ personal website, www.jamesodavis.com.
While you are visiting the website, be sure to check out the growth opportunities and global information. Presently, James Davis is writing several books each year. A complete list of all his book are on his main site.
You will enjoy the blog!
MEN’S MINISTRY LEGACY COLLECTION
The greatest men’s ministry tools ever assembled. The Ed Cole Legacy Collection features more than fifty years of men’s ministry, videos, audios, hundreds of pages of transcribed messages and Scripture references, in one presidential volume. “The Collection” will deepen lives and strengthen ministries worldwide. Christmas Edition ONLY, receives a personally autographed book by actor and long-time Ed Cole disciple, Chuck Norris.
GCLC CHRISTMAS MIRACLE
A generous donor makes 500 new GCLC Memberships available for only $40 each and 2500 FREE GCLC Scholarships! Click here to Become a member and Enter Promo Code: Christmas
I remember reading many years ago a poster with this statement on it, “Once the mind has been stretched by a new idea, it will never return to its original shape.” I don’t know who wrote this but this quote has deep influence in my life. We are the summation of our thoughts in a lifetime. As we approach the end of this year, find below ten brief teachings that have helped to shape my thinking. They are not in order of priority.
- E. M. Bounds, renowned author on prayer, wrote, “Nonpraying is lawlessness, discord, anarchy. Prayer, in the moral government of God, is as strong and far-reaching as the law of gravitation in the material world, and it is as necessary as gravitation to hold things in their proper sphere and in life.
- James Dobson, Founder Of Focus On The Family, “We live life forward and learn life backward.”
- Vaclav Havel, the ninth and last president of Czechoslovakia, said, “The real test of a man is not when he plays the role that he wants for himself, but when he plays the role destiny has for him.”
- Bill Bright, founder of Campus Crusade shared with me, “It is not how long we live, but how long we can love that we will make the difference in the world. A lot of people stop loving a long time before they stop living.”
- Leonard Sweet shared with me, “The Lord did not call us to change the world but to save it. Jesus came to seek and to save it.” I have often thought on this. When a man is drowning he does not say, “Come and change me.” He says, “Save me!” We need to put “saving” back in our messages instead of “changing.” The changing comes after the saving!
- Dennis Waitley, wrote; “We do not see things as they are but as we are.” Take time to listen to what people say about certain subjects or events, you will truly know how people see their worlds.
- Richard Swenson, former medical doctor and best selling author, ” If only I had more time sums up the difference between failure and success. Yet, the truth is God never intended for us to do everything.”
- Jack Hayford, founder of King’s College and best selling author said during a class on preaching, “Inspiration means, ‘God’s breath’. The words on paper are the breath of God. We are to inhale God’s word in study and prayer and exhale through preaching/teaching to a lost and dying world.”
- Warren Wiersbe, a prolific writer and renowned Bible teacher, said, “We don’t live our lives according to explanations alone but according to the promises of God.”
- Stephen Covey, author of Seven Habits Of Highly Effective People, wrote, “It is easier to say no, when you have a burning yes inside of you!”
Take time to think today! Ask the Lord to expand your thoughts and enlarge your mind. I don’t know who was the first to say or write, “If you take care of the depth of your life, God will take care of the width of your life.” Think on these things! Blessings.
Until The Last Person Has Heard,
James O. Davis